Paper submission: Sept. 20th (
Acceptance notification: Oct. 23rd (Oct
Camera-ready paper: Oct. 30th (Oct
Conference: Nov. 9th-11th
Authors are invited to submit original contributions that have not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere. Submissions must be in IEEE single-spaced double-column style with a length limitation of 6 pages (including title, abstract, all figures, and tables) for full papers (oral presentation) and 3 pages for short papers (poster presentation), both excluding references. Accepted papers will be submitted to IEEE Xplore.
Paper submission URL: https://jems.sbc.org.br/cloudnet2020
The Conference topics include (but are not limited to):
- Cloud network and resource management
- Data Center Network Optimization and Management
- Reliability of Data Center Network and Architecture
- Energy-Efficient Datacenters and Networks
- Cloud Traffic Characterization and Measurements
- Cloud Traffic Engineering
- Data Flow Management and Load Balancing
- Cloud Storage Management
- Green and Energy-Efficient Datacenters and Network
- Cloud network and virtualization
- Data Center Networks
- Virtual Ethernet Switching, Data Center Bridging
- Mobile Cloud Networking
- Virtualization of Network Equipment
- Software-Defined Networking
- Network Function Virtualization
- Middleware and Middleboxes
- Cloud network and supported services
- Big Data Management
- Data Analytics in Cloud
- Network Services to support IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Unified User and Machine Mobility Management
- Content and Service Distribution
- Complementing Edge Computing with Data Center Networks
- Cloud network architecture
- Control-Plane Architectures
- Distributed Data Center Architectures
- Routing in cloud networks
- Intra-Cloud vs Inter-Cloud Management
- Cloud Federation and Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure
- Cloud network security and privacy
- Security, Privacy, and Confidentiality in Cloud Networking
- Cloud Data Provenance and Data Loss Protection
- Cloud Storage Security
- Cloud Network Intrusion Detection/Prevention
- Firewall and Deep Packet Inspection Systems in Cloud Networks
Preparation and Submission of Camera-Ready Papers
In order to be published in the IEEE CloudNet Conference Proceedings and IEEE Xplore®, an author (including students) of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference at the FULL rate, and is expected to present the paper at the virtual conference.
If you have any questions about the submission of your camera-ready paper and copyright transfer form, please contact the Publications Chair, Oscar Caicedo (email@example.com).
I. TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THE REVIEWERS’ RECOMMENDATIONS IN PREPARING THE FINAL VERSION OF YOUR PAPER.
The final camera-ready version of your paper should account for all the reviewers’ feedback. Should you need to change the title or the abstract to account for such comments, then please request approval from the TPC Co-Chairs before proceeding with such changes.
All authors must agree to the final version. Check carefully that the authors’ names and affiliations are correct in the PDF file of your paper. Check also that the list of authors is correct in the JEMS platform, as we will use metadata from this platform to produce the author index of the conference proceedings.
II. CONFIRM THAT YOUR PAPER IS PROPERLY FORMATTED.
A. Papers must be written in English and formatted following the standard IEEE double-column conference template (US letter size) available from: http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html
B. Your paper should not include any header or footer information (e.g., page numbers) in the top/bottom margins. If your paper has been prepared using Microsoft Word, please ensure that you have used the most current version, which will help reduce word-to-pdf conversion issues such as embedded fonts, bookmarks, etc.
C. Include the appropriate copyright clearance code notice on the bottom of the first page of your paper:
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the US government, the copyright notice is:
- U.S. Government work not protected by U.S. copyright
- For papers in which all authors are employed by a Crown government (UK, Canada, and Australia), the copyright notice is:
- 978-1-7281-9486-8/20/$31.00 ©2020 Crown
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the European Union, the copyright notice is:
- 978-1-7281-9486-8/20/$31.00 ©2020 European Union
- For all other papers the copyright notice is:
- 978-1-7281-9486-8/20/$31.00 ©2020 IEEE
III. VALIDATE THE PDF OF YOUR CAMERA-READY PAPER FOR XPLORE COMPATIBILITY.
Check the compatibility of your PDF file in the IEEE PDFeXpress Plus application using the link: http://www.pdf-express.org/
This tool will also let you create IEEE Xplore compliant PDFs.
A. First-time users should do the following:
- Select the New Users – Click Here link.
- Enter the following:
- 51028X for the Conference ID
- your email address
- a password
- Continue to enter information as prompted.
An Online confirmation will be displayed and an email confirmation will be sent verifying your account setup.
B. Previous users of PDF eXpress or IEEE PDF eXpress Plus need to follow the above steps, but should enter the same password that was used for previous conferences. Verify that your contact information is valid.
The most common error found in files that fail to meet IEEE Xplore® compliance requirements is the failure to embed all fonts.
IV. SUBMIT YOUR PAPER
Submit the IEEE Xplore®-compatible PDF file of your camera-ready paper on JEMS using the following link: https://jems.sbc.org.br/home.cgi?c=3689
A. Go to the JEMS entry of your paper.
B. Locate the “Paper Options” row and click on the “Edit paper” button.
C. In the prompted “Update paper #(ID of your paper)”window, locate the “Camera-ready” row of the “Files” table and click on the “select file” button.
D. Browse for the IEEE Xplore®-compatible PDF file of your camera-ready paper and click on the “Upload” button.
Transfer of Copyrights
In order to have your paper published in the conference proceedings and in the IEEE Xplore, you need to transfer a copyright form for each paper that you have accepted in the conference.
Following the recent policies of the IEEE concerning the transfer of ownership rights of the intellectual property to IEEE, we have enabled the submission of copyright forms using the electronic copyright form (eCF) tool of the IEEE. Follow the instructions below to submit your copyright form using the eCF.
1. Log in to the Journal and Event Management System (JEMS) using the old platform available on the link: https://jems.sbc.org.br/index.cgi
IMPORTANT: Don’t use the new platform of JEMS for the transfer of copyright forms. For some unknown reason the button for IEEE copyright transfer is only available in the old platform.
2. In the section “Conferences where you have submitted papers,” click on the option CloudNet2020
3. When the CloudNet2020 page has been loaded, scroll down to the section “Papers Authored” and click on the option “Title (link to paper)” of the paper for which you want to submit the copyright form.
4. Once in the page of your paper, click on the “Submit to IEEE Copyright System” button and continue to enter information as prompted. IMPORTANT: When you are in the “IEEE Copyright System” page, make sure that your name and that of your co-authors is correct before clicking again on the Submit to IEEE Copyright System button.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each paper that you have accepted in the conference.